Monday, December 7, 2015

Silent Night, Deadly Night by Richard Mabry, M.D.

Book Description:  The colored lights on the snow gave it a holiday appearance, but the dead woman’s body in the yard added a grisly touch. How did Ina Bell Patrick die? 

Who killed her? And why? 



The dead woman had no direct heirs, so two nephews and a niece stood to inherit. Dr. Laura Morris was left to make all the arrangements, attorney Roger Morris could certainly use the money, and Zack Morris had disappeared two years earlier. Then there was neighbor and “best friend” Fay Autrey, who was certain the woman intended to leave her some money—a great deal of money. 


The police were still looking for the killer who left the frozen body in the snow when it became apparent someone was trying to pick off the heirs, one by one. Who would win the race—the police or the killer? 

My Thoughts: A few years ago I just happened to be looking for something "different" to read and picked a copy of Dr. Mabry's novel.  I've never been interested in medical thrillers but after reading that first book by Dr. Mabry I was hooked!
This book, Silent Night, Deadly Night may look short but it is a WOW read!  There is quite a story packed into this novella!
I truly thought I had the mystery solved, I thought I was on the right track; however, I was thrown for a loop when the shooting began and the lost brother showed up.
I must say, I'm a fairly good armchair detective, but this story took a few roller coaster turns I didn't see coming!  
And the ending is so sweet!  
I loved, loved this read!  
This book would make a wonderful gift or even a stocking stuffer for your favorite armchair detective!

* A special Thank You to Dr. Mabry for kindly giving me a copy of his book to review *

This book is FREE right now for Kindle Unlimited . . . GO HERE!
OR
Buy Book HERE!

  • Paperback: 120 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (November 13, 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1518641091
  • ISBN-13: 978-1518641091

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, so glad you liked the novella. Thanks for your kind words about it.

    ReplyDelete