Monday, April 24, 2017

When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner, David Catrow (illustrator)

Book Description:  From early on, children are looking to discover their place in the world and longing to understand how their personalities, traits, and talents fit in. The assurance that they are deeply loved and a unique creation in our big universe is certain to help them spread their wings and fly. 

Through playful, charming rhyme and vivid, fantastical illustrations, When God Made You inspires young readers to learn about their own special gifts and how they fit into God’s divine plan as they grow, explore, and begin to create for themselves. 

My Thoughts:  As a book lover I know that books not only make great gifts but they can also open up hearts that may need mending.  With this in mind I remembered seeing this book but wasn't interested in it until a short little person about three years old came to our Nursery Sunday School class at church.  He is in foster care and no matter how much the teacher talked about God, he just wasn't "getting it."
So, when this book popped up on my screen I thought, That's it!  
When I received the sweet book I was so excited to take it to the Nursery Class.  And I did!  
I read it to the class and lo, and behold, that sweet little guy sat there in rapt attention.  Yes, books can hold a child's attention.  He loved that book.  After class I gave him the book to take home.  He smile and lipsed, God loves me.  And that, my friends, is why I love books!  Books talk when we can't.
This is a sweet book and with its rhyming and vivid illustrations the story does hold a child's attention.  
This story is all bout a child finding his place in God's divine world...growing, reading, eating and playing.

*This book was provided for review by Waterbrook/Multmomah*

Pictures from the book (provided by the publisher):



  • Age Range: 3 - 7 years
  • Grade Level: Preschool - 2
  • Hardcover: 48 pages
  • Publisher: WaterBrook (February 28, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1601429185
  • ISBN-13: 978-1601429186

No comments:

Post a Comment