Thursday, January 11, 2018

Devotions for the Hungry Heart: Chasing Jesus Six Days from Sunday by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson

Book Description:  "Whether you have a healthy craving for more Jesus, or the barely discernible taste for a relationship with Him that seems beyond your reach, the glorious truth is that God put that hunger in your heart in the first place, and He is more willing to fan that flame than you or I could ever be."
--From the Introduction

My Thoughts:  Each as we ring in the New Year I begin looking for a new devotional book.  I enjoy reading the Bible but sometimes having a companion book such as a good devotional book brings out things that will help me in my life.  Ad so this year I chose Devotions For The Hungry Heart.
I love the subtitle of this devotional book:  Chasing Jesus Six Days from Sunday.  Don't you just love that we should have Jesus in our everyday lives every day of the week.
This is a great devotional book.  Each devotion begins with the Hungry Heart . . . And the devotional are in weeks. And there are twenty weeks of devotions.
Then in the middle of the book is a short/mini section of recipes.  Refreshing recipes for the body. 
I love this devotional book.
I just have one dislike and that is the color of the print.  It is a light blue/aqua color which I find rather hard to read.  It may not bother a young person but an older person may not be able to see the print.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review*

  • Hardcover: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Shiloh Run Press (January 1, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1683224329
  • ISBN-13: 978-1683224327


No comments:

Post a Comment